Fishing rules in Stor-Elvdal
The general fishing license gives you access to fishing in over 50 lakes, and more than 90 kilometer of rivers.
This are the areas: (download map CLICK HERE)
- Storhovden, Vesle Hovden, Halasjøen, Stauptjern, Staupsjøen, Himmelsjøen, Husmannstjern, Hovda, Staupa, Hemla, Svartsjøen og Harptjern ved Opphus.
- Store og lille Myklebysjøen, Store og lille Helgetjern, Søkkundsjøen, Søkkunda og Eldåa.
- Bjørsjøen, Abbortjørna, Gustutjørna, Trytjern, Trya, Lauvåsvannet, Fåfengtjern, N. og S. Bjøråa og Gråsjøen.
- Skånsjøen, Skånsjøflyet, Revtjern, Langtjern, Vakkertjern, Svarttjern, Netsjøen, Netfloen, Oksetjern, Lorttjern, Sløbekktjern, Svedstadtjern, Øvre Nestjern, Brennkroktjern, Nedgardskroktjern, Mørbekktjern, Spongtjerna, Rørtjønna og Vestgardtjønna
- Glomma innen Stor-Elvdal.
NB: This fishing licence does not apply for the Atna water system or Friland.
Stor-Elvdal Fishing License
Applies the areas managed by Glomma Fishing Association and Stor-Elvdal Landowners Association.
Fishing period: All year round. Closed season for trout fishing: September 15th untill November 1st.
NB: Special regulations apply for fishing the river Glomma, see below.
Fishing license: Every person over the age of 16 years must resolve a fishing license before fishing begins. The fishing license is personal and should always be carried during fishing. It is allowed for all under the age of 16 years to fish without a fishing license, but we recommend the fishing rules to be followed.
Allowed fishing tackle: Unless otherwise specified, the fishing license applies for a single fishing rod used from land (wading is allowed), with the following exceptions:
- Fishing from a boat is only allowed in the river Glomma.
- Fishing from belly-boat is only allowed in the river Glomma and lakes Gråsjøen and Bjørnsjøen.
- Fishing with live bait, with the exception of worms, is prohibited.
- It is forbidden to use any type of nets or trap for fishing in rivers and streams.
- All fishing with any type of net is forbidden within 50 meters of the inlet and outlet of any lake where netting is allowed.
- Fishing with any other type of fishing gear is prohibited.
Fishing rules for fishing in the river Glomma:
- Closed season: Trout: September 15th until May 15th. Grayling: November 1st until May 15th. With the exception of ice fishing. Other species than trout and grayling can be fished all year round in the river Glomma.
- Maximum size limit: trout and grayling over 35 cm in length must be released with the following exceptions: Each angler may kill and keep up to one fish (trout or grayling) over 35 cm per 24 hours. Although we ask that you practice catch and release as a way to preserve the quality of fishing.
- 24-hour quota: Bag limit of 5 trout and 5 grayling a Fisherman per day, maximum 1 fish may be over 35 cm. Attention! For the Sundfloen fly only zone, own rules apply. See the page Sundfloen Fly only.
- Supervision: Every fisherman is required to show a valid fishing license and possible catches to a legitimizing inspector
- Violation of fishing rules: Violation of fishing rules may result a fine of kr 2000,-, prosecution, seizure of equipment and loss of fishing rights (withdrawal of fishing license).
- Supervision phone number: +47 9185 1383
- Show respect for fenced property. Please do not walk across fields.
- Take your garbage back home, don’t leave it in nature. Keeping the river clean is our mutual responsibility.
- Show respect to private property and to others you meet on the river.
- Day license: Nok. 110,-
- Day license including fly only zone: Nok. 150,-
- Week license: Nok. 275,-
- Week license including fly only zone: Nok. 450,-
- Year license: Nok. 550,-
- Year license including fly only zone: Nok. 650,-