The Sundfloen Fly only zone
The brand new Sundfloen Fly Fishing zone consists of a wide variety of water, from faster flowing pocket water sections to slow flowing deeper sections, broken up by islands throughout its length. Grayling are the dominant species here, and they are extremely abundant.
The area starts on the north side of the Sundfloen bridge nearby Koppang Camping and runs a few hundred meters past the Shell petrol station on Highway 3 north of Koppang Camping. See the map at the bottom of this page.
The area now covers about 3.5 kilometers of Glomma water. That does not seem to be very long, but there are several islands in the area, which means that more than 5 kilograms of fly is only available.
For this fly only stretch, own rules apply. To fish this stretch you have to purchase a general fishing license for Stor-Elvdal including Fly only zone. Licenses are available for sale at the reception at Koppang Camping. Here you can also find up-to-date information about fishing, buy various fly fishing materials, reels and rods and make an appointment to get along with our fishing guide.
Rules sundfloen Fly Only zone:
- Fishing season form May 15th until October 15th.
- Only fly fishing allowed. This means that the fly line provides the weight for casting.
- Barbless hooks only. Barbed hooks must have the barbs pinched before use.
- Handle caught fish with care and make sure to release it promptly.
- All trouts must be released immediately.
- Bag limit of 1 grayling per 24 hours per fisherman, maximum size 35 cm. We strongly recommend Catch and Release.
- Fishing from a boat, canoe, kayak, inflatable, etc. is not allowed in the fly-fishing zone.
- Fishing licenses are for personal use only and are non transferable. Licenses are only valid along with legal identification. Every fisherman is required to show a valid fishing license and possible catches to a legitimizing inspector.
- Children under the age of 16 fish for free, but must follow the fishing rules.
- Violation of fishing rules (e.g. failure to purchase fishing license) may result a fine of Kr 2000,-, prosecution, seizure of fishing tackle and loss of fishing rights / withdrawal of fishing license.
- Supervision phone number: +47 9185 1383
- Show respect for fenced property. Please do not walk across fields.
- Take your garbage back home, don’t leave it in nature. Keeping the river clean is our mutual responsibility.
- Show respect to private property and to others you meet on the river.
- Park at the highlighted locations so that you do not interfere with other traffic.
- Day license including fly only sone: Nok. 150,-
- Week license including fly only sone: Nok. 450,-
- Year license including fly only sone: Nok. 650,-